10 Tips To Make Your Content Stand Out
But beyond the relationships, what about the money? You want to make sure you’re investing time into something that pays. Well hold on to your hats, because 61% of consumers say they feel better about a company that delivers custom content, and they are more likely to buy from that company.
So how do you tap into this great investment? I’m glad I asked this question for you. On top of the many resources and guides available for you on the eMerge page, we have written up this helpful list of 10 tips to help your content marketing efforts. Enjoy!
- Before you begin those content marketing efforts, you should create a content calendar. By planning what content you are going to create/use, and when you are going to put it out, you will be able to spend less time worrying and more time getting engagement.
- When you are coming up with titles for your blog post, try to think of a title that intrigues people and seems like something people would type in when searching Google. This way you’re attracting readers and search engine results.
- Content is king, but it’s worth investing time into. You won’t get good results from just popping out hundreds of articles that are mediocre. Spend the time to create or find great content to provide to your audience.
- Content doesn’t have to just be written. Using visual pieces like videos, photos, infographics, comics or any other type of content that your mind can come up with.
- The best form of content isn’t necessarily time-based or news-related, although for viral reach these are definitely important. “Evergreen” content, or information that will still be relevant one, two or even five years from now, can produce serious long-term results as well.
- The easiest way to drive traffic to any form of content is through social media. So please be sure you are taking some time to build up your different social media profiles (Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Pinterest, etc).
- The best way to get people to continually come back and read your content is through emails and newsletters. Collect people’s email addresses and notify them when you have a new blog post or other kind of content you want to promote.
- Crowdsourcing, or user-generated content, is one of the best ways to scale your content marketing. It can be something simple like a forum to a question-and-answer site or even something as custom as an app. Whatever way you choose to go, make sure to moderate the user-generated content. You don’t want users to start creating negative or spam-a-licious content.
- Your audience doesn’t read content just on their computers or laptops anymore, so you definitely want to make sure your content is compatible with tablets and mobile phones. There will be an estimated 788 million mobile-only Internet users by 2015. That means you need to have your site and content compatible with all devices.
- Days, weeks or even months won’t necessarily produce results you want. This is an investment with the potential for big returns, so be prepared to put in a good year before you start seeing the momentum.
Now there are a lot of other things you can do to boost your content marketing & make it even sharper. Check out one of our other guides, infographics or webinars for more information about content marketing and lots of other topics that can make your online marketing really stand out.